1. I am originally from South Africa, where I had a busy private practise. I have also worked in a wide range of health care organisations such as university student health care, learning disability services, drug and alcohol services. In addition I provided consultation and supervision to a number of professional organisations and mental health professionals.
Since settling in the UK, in 1999, I established my private practise and have worked within the NHS, in a senior role, across a range of adult and child mental health services for the past 17 years.
I currently work as a Clinical Lead Psychologist in a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) as well as in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) offering parent infant therapy and psychological support to parents of premature and sick babies within a Perinatal Service. Within this role I provide consultation and teaching to the medical and nursing staff.
2. I work with the young person and their family to understand and make sense of these new challenges. Through evidence based intervention I provide resilience and strategies to enable more robust ways of dealing with problems. Working together with the young person will enable them to develop resources with which to confidently face this demanding time in their young lives.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree. University of Stellenbosch.
- Honours Degree in Psychology. University of Cape Town.
- Master of Science Degree in Clinical Psychology. University of Cape Town.
- Registered with the Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC) as a Practitioner Psychologist