- In her current role, Melody supports and educates young people in a psychiatric inpatient setting.
- A qualified Mental Health First-Aider with accreditation in Child psychology, counselling psychotherapy and mindfulness.
- Melody works with children, young people and families to ensure that all learners have access to an appropriate education best suited to meeting their individual needs.
- Melody is also qualified to deliver an innovative social-emotional learning curriculum designed to be taught across the key-stages.
- STEPS-A is based on Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT). In schools a non-clinical application of this therapeutic intervention has been demonstrated to be extremely effective in helping children manage difficult emotional situations, cope with stress, and make better decisions.
- Melody also runs training course for schools and families focusing on developing knowledge and understanding of mental health and wellbeing.
“I am passionate about improving mental health and well-being for children and young people. In my current role I see first-hand the struggle education provisions and families have when faced with young people who are experiencing difficulties with their mental health. I also work daily with young people whose mental health has deteriorated to crisis-point as a result of the pressures of school. I firmly believe in intervention and prevention. By empowering teachers, parents and carers with knowledge and confidence and incorporating social-emotional learning as part of the curriculum and family life children and young people will develop the emotional intelligence needed to be successful and resilient learners.”
Need to discuss before treatment?